Naturopathic doctors above all else specialize in understanding how individual variation impacts disease. Because our office is dedicated to supporting our patients as individuals we now offer a service to assess genetic information itself. By using the www.AncestryDNA.com test results raw data file (.zip) we can now look deep into a patient's genetic code to uncover what metabolic pathways are more likely to be involved in any given disease.
COST OF PROCESSING INFORMATION
Our services are available for established patients only, for $235. We need at least 2 weeks to complete the review process and payment is due prior to starting the analysis process, in order to cover the costs of processing and software. This means that each patient must provide the results of the AncestryDNA.com test, and download the raw data (.zip) file from the website AncestryDNA.com prior to paying for the visit.
The genetic analysis visit includes processing and a written report that is reviewed during a 60min visit with our staff, which is discussed with the doctor and is then integrated into the care plan. Before the visit our team will meet to discuss the implications the results of analysis have on each patient's unique treatment approach.
New patients seeking this service are advised to establish care as a new patient and genetic analysis may be added into the same visit, provided the raw data file is emailed at least 2 weeks prior to the first office visit.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STARTING THE PROCESS
1. Go to AncestryDNA.com and select "Sign Up" to create an account with your email and password.
2. Select the appropriate kit options - you will only need to complete the Ancestry test option $99 (or if on sale for less). A kit is then mailed to you for completion.
3. Submit the sample as instructed on the kit and wait 4-6 weeks for results.
4. Once results have returned, return to AncestryDNA.com and select "Sign In" to sign in with your email and password.
5. Select "Tools" and a drop down menu will appear, then select "Browse Raw Data"
6. Accept the waiver and proceed to the next page where you can select "Download"
7. Once your raw data file is ready for download (it may take hours) a .zip file is available which you will then download and email to our
8. Once we have your raw data file, we can then schedule your visit at least 1 week later.
Please email or call us if you have questions about this process.